Established in August 2022, CNIW Foundation is a federal registered charitable organization. CNIW Foundation has the following mandates:
- Research: Conducting research on the challenges faced by immigrant seniors such as access to medical services, social isolation, and physical limitations, and sharing the results with the public
- Education: Advancing education by providing classes on healthy living, including nutrition, fitness, and mental health to the general public; as well as the causes and effects of various health issues and diseases, including cancers, diabetes, and other chronic conditions.
- Health Promotion：Promoting wellness and healthy living by encouraging immigrant seniors to participate in exercise and physical activities, providing support and resources on healthy eating and nutrition, offering programs to help seniors manage their stress
- Social Inclusion: Enhancing social inclusion by providing group activities, encouraging involvement in volunteer programs, and planning regular social events to bring together seniors and encouraging social interactions.
Start Date: June 26, 2023 (35 hours per week, total of 8 weeks)
Summer Job Summary
This is a support position that requires a strong ability to work independently. The ideal candidate is a bright problem-solver with a positive attitude and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment. Some background in health care research, statistical analysis, academic writing, or non-profit experience is an asset. The Research Support Officer will report to Project Coordinator.
Work closely with the project team to execute research plan, including but not limited to:
- Assist with literature search and analytical work
- Assist the team leaders arranging research meetings
- Assist with recruiting research participants
- Assisting with recruiting community volunteers
- Assist with arranging the survey and interviews
- Perform Data collection and interview transcripts
- Providing support in the fundraising events, including even planning, promoting, recruiting and collaborating with volunteers, soliciting donors, and assisting in the event hosting and during event management
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of health care researching
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English is an asset
- Good computer skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Positive attitude and excellent attendance record
- Some experience in administrative assistance, event planning, or non-profits is an asset
- Excellent copywriting or content writing skill is an asset
- Must be out-going
Students must be:
- at least 15 years of age at the start of employment;
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.