CNIW (Centre for New Immigrants Wellbeing, 北美华人健康） was formed in 2019 with the mandate of promoting immigrants’ well-being through research, knowledge dissemination, community service, and mentor-ship, particularly for immigrants from China and other Asian countries. Currently, we serve as a key partner for COVID-19 research team led by Dr. Peizhong Wang, Memorial University, Dr. Lixia Yang, Ryerson University, Dr. Weiguo Zhang and Dr. Xiaolin Wei, University of Toronto. The research project focus on psychological impact of COVID-19 in Chinese Canadians in GTA area. Our involvements are in the following areas: 1) in charge of recruiting research participants from the Chinese Community; 2) in charge of recruiting volunteers for the research team; 3) assisting with literature search and summary; 4) conducting survey and interviews (after proper training); 5) performing data analysis, reporting, and manuscript preparation.
Start Date: May 24, 2021 (up to 20 hours/week, 14 weeks)
This is a support position that requires a strong ability to work independently. The ideal candidate is a bright problem-solver with a positive attitude and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment. Some background in health care research, statistical analysis, academic writing, or non-profit experience is an asset. The Technical Assistant will report to Project Coordinator.
Work closely with the project team to execute research plan, including but not limited to:
- Assist with literature search and analytical work
- Assist the team leaders arranging research meetings
- Assist with recruiting research participants
- Assisting with recruiting community volunteers
- Assist with arranging the survey and interviews
- Perform Data collection and interview transcripts
Expected Skills & Qualifications:
· Excellent communication skills and knowledge of health care researching
· Bilingual in Mandarin and English
· Good computer skills, Webpage skills are assest
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
· Positive attitude and excellent attendance record
· Some experience in administrative assistance, event planning, or non-profits is an asset
· Excellent copywriting or content writing skill is an asset
Students must be:
· between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
· a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
· legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
How to Apply?
Submit your resume to: [email protected] by May 15, 2021.
We thank all candidate for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.