CNIW (Centre for New Immigrants Wellbeing, 北美华人健康） was formed in 2019 with the mandate of promoting immigrants’ well-being through research, knowledge dissemination, community service, and mentor-ship, particularly for immigrants from China and other Asian countries.
Start Date: June 27th, 2022 (35 hours / week, 8 weeks)
This is a support position that requires a strong ability to work independently. The ideal candidate is a bright problem-solver with a positive attitude and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment. Some background in health care research, statistical analysis, academic writing, or non-profit experience is an asset. The Technical Assistant will report to Project Coordinator.
Work closely with the project team to execute research plan, including but not limited to:
- Assist with literature search and analytical work
- Assist the team leaders arranging research meetings
- Assist with recruiting research participants
- Assisting with recruiting community volunteers
- Assist with arranging the survey and interviews
- Perform Data collection and interview transcripts
Expected Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent communication skills and knowledge of health care researching
- Bilingual in Mandarin and English
- Good computer skills, Webpage skills are assets
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
- Positive attitude and excellent attendance record
- Some experience in administrative assistance, event planning, or non-profit is an asset
- Excellent content writing skill is an asset
Students must be:
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigrant and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
How to Apply?
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2022.
We thank all candidate for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.