Established in May 2019, CNIW is a non-profit organization supported by a professional team, including science writers, university professors, clinicians, and health educators from universities, and research institutions across North America and China. CNIW’s mandate is promote immigrants’ well-being through research, knowledge dissemination, community service, and mentorship, particularly for immigrants from China and other Asian countries.
Start Date: May 1st, 2023 (35 hours per week, total of 8 weeks)
This is a support position that requires a strong ability to work independently. The ideal candidate is a bright problem-solver with a positive attitude and thrives in a collaborative, fast-paced work environment. Some background in health care research, statistical analysis, academic writing, or non-profit experience is an asset. The Research Support Officer will report to Project Coordinator.
Work closely with the project team to execute research plan, including but not limited to:
- Assist with literature search and analytical work
- Assist the team leaders arranging research meetings
- Assist with recruiting research participants
- Assisting with recruiting community volunteers
- Assist with arranging the survey and interviews
- Perform Data collection and interview transcripts
Skills & Qualifications:
· Excellent communication skills and knowledge of health care researching
· Bilingual in Mandarin and English is an asset
· Good computer skills
· Able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team
· Positive attitude and excellent attendance record
· Some experience in administrative assistance, event planning, or non-profits is an asset
· Excellent copywriting or content writing skill is an asset
· Must be out-going
Students must be:
· at least 15 years of age at the start of employment with post-secondary level of education;
· a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
· legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations
Please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org by April 27, 2023.
We thank all candidates for their interests. However, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
We have more positions to come, so send your resume now!